Wendy Britt is a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist who currently sees patients from pediatrics through adults with a variety of Speech and Language Impairments. Therapy can take place in your home or in our office at 1905 JN Pease Place, Suite 201 Charlotte, NC 28262.
Areas of Speech & Language Services:
• Articulation: accurate production of speech sounds
• Language: word meanings and relationships, sentence structure and grammatical markings
and social skills during communication
• Phonological Awareness: awareness of sounds and ways to manipulate them
• Auditory Processing: The mental processing of language and auditory stimuli
• Stuttering: Smooth, Fluid Speech
• Augmentative Communication: alternative forms of communication for those who cannot
• Voice Disorders: techniques to treat strained, breathy, hoarse, soft, loud, or nasal voices
Medicaid or private pay
Call us to set up an initial appointment or have your physician fax a doctor’s order to 980-225-0229.
Telephone: Wendy Britt 704-995-6896
We have a new heading on our website for employment opportunities! If you love making connections with families and helping children, please check out our open positions and send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to grow our team!
Wendy and Christina
Please click here for the registration form registration-for-winter-sessions-2017
Registration for our next sessions of Mindful Thinking for Social Expectations classes is now open. To register, please fill out the registration form above and e-mail it to us at email@example.com. We are offering three different sessions, each with a specific focus. We believe that empowering the parent/guardian is equally important in teaching social skills to a child. Please plan on staying for the parent session of your child’s class to learn what your child is learning and how to help your child at home. Teacher letters will be handed out during each parent class for you to share with your child’s teacher. The letters help connect what your child is learning to his/her school environment. All classes are held at 9700 Research Drive, Suite 132, Charlotte, NC 28262 and the total cost for a six-week session is $200.00. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to e-mail us! You may be interested in reading about who could benefit from a social skills class here Who Benefits From Social Skills Classes?
The three different sessions we will be offering are detailed below:
1. Perspective-This six week group of classes will focus on your child learning how to gauge their responses to peers, understanding that people have a perspective that is different from their own and how to navigate conversations and social interactions using this knowledge. It is important that your child has self-awareness of their current social interactions and has a desire to learn new skills. This class will meet every Sunday beginning January 8th-February 12th. K-2 group meets 1:00-2:00 and 3rd-5th graders meet 2:00-3:00.
2. Play-This six week group of classes will focus on how to be a part of a group. Your child will learn how to let peers know they are actively listening, how to observe other children to understand”hidden rules”, and how play unfolds. This class will meet every Sunday beginning January 8th-February 12th. K-2 group meets 3:30-4:30 and 3rd-5th graders meet 4:30-5:30.
3. Self-Awareness, Self-Monitoring, and Self-Control-This six week group of classes focuses on children and parents gaining knowledge and practical skills on how to recognize which stage they are currently in to make a shift in a behavior. They will learn how to set a personal goal and and will gain useful tools to help them achieve that goal. This six week class will meet every Tuesday beginning January 10th-Feburary 14th. This elementary aged group is designed for students 1st-5th and will meet 4:15-5:15.
Christina and Wendy